Peckover House




On our journey home from Norfolk, we didn't spend quite as long at Oxburgh Hall as I had hoped (due to the weather!). The next nearest property was Peckover House, a good 45 minute drive away however I didn't expect our sat nav to take us home the 'normal' way because it tends to favour rambling through the countryside! As I noticed that the sat nav seemed to be taking us towards Wisbech, I suggested a quick stop off for ice creams at Peckover. Mr NTaddict was less than enthused, so I issued a wager! If we see a brown NT sign, we would stop, if we didn't see one, then we would carry on home.

We saw one! Unusually, we ventured through the city centre and the sat nav dropped us off at a car park that seemed to be a little strange and we were left to find the property on foot!


















All three of us were completely besotted with this charming house. It really reminded us of the house Mr NTaddict grew up in (albeit half the size of Peckover!) so we felt really at home.


















The gardens are absolutely beautiful, a true oasis in the middle of the city. It is incredibly quiet and tranquil, I really wish we had a place this beautiful in our city!



Comments

  1. whoops missed your Norfolk trip! I love Peckover and was there recently. Isn't the garden one you'd like to own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops missed your Norfolk trip! I love Peckover and was there recently. Isn't the garden one you'd like to own?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to read your messages so please say take a minute to say hello!

Popular Posts